The positions are available in Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai office. KENGO KUMA & ASSOCIATES (Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai) and KENGO KUMA & ASSOCIATES Europe (Paris) invite students and young architects to apply for an internship. You will be working as a part of the design team on the different scale levels within various projects. The position is a full time, for the period of 1 month up to 3 months.
It is necessary to mention your dates of availability in the letter, as well as your age, gender, nationality / citizenship and available languages (with level) in the CV. We regret that we cannot arrange the visas for interns in either the Tokyo office or the Paris office. Please obtain these visas by yourself.
The application system between Tokyo office and Paris office are separated. Please directly apply the specific office you would like to work for. Only applications with PDF portfolio (within 1MB) will be considered. (We do not check online portfolio links, CD-Rs and DVDs)
• Architectural university study (master course students, MA degree holders or applicants with professional experiences are preferred) and vocational college related CG
• Strong design talent
• Excellent skills in modeling, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Rhinoceros, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign and CG, please describe the level (advanced, average) – should be above standard
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Fluency in written and spoken French (at Paris office)
• Laptop PC, architectural software installed, Windows preferable
• Physical strength and mental strength with high motivation
• Knowledge of additional languages – especially Chinese (Mandarin), Korean, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese – are highly recommended (at Tokyo office)
• Proactive, self-disciplined and confident in a complex environment
• Hard worker and team player minded
• Accurate, punctual, hands-on, and organized
Please send your application letter along with your CV and copy of portfolio with PDF file via online application form
Internship applicants should send their “resume (with e-mail address)” and “portfolio” to us by e-mail (online application form). Digital portfolios should be in PDF format and less than 10MB. Please note that we will not be able to view web-based portfolios or CD-Rs or DVDs.
We are replying only who passed the documentary screening. The contact person must be the applicant himself / herself. Since we cannot answer your inquiries about recruitment, please do not call, mail or visit the offices directly.